Wednesday, May 23, 2012

What He Says or What You See?

18 Even when there was no reason for hope, Abraham kept hoping—believing that he would become the father of many nations. For God had said to him, “That’s how many descendants you will have!” Romans 4:18

There was no apparent reason for Abraham to have any hope. Everything around him looked hopeless. He was too old to have a child by all human standards. Sarah his wife was also past her child-bearing years. There was simply no way this was going to happen unless God came in and did something that was totally outside their comprehension.

But Abraham kept hoping and kept believing in spite of all the evidence to the contrary. He truly believed what God said to be true in spite of everything that he could see.

That is what faith is. It is believing what God says in spite of what you see with your eyes. Faith simply clings to God's promises and refuses to be discouraged by circumstances that are contrary.

I will read what God says. I will hear what God says. I will cling to what God says. I will not let what I see discourage me from what God says.

Lord, help me to walk by faith and not by sight. Help me to believe what you say above anything that I see.

No comments: