Friday, February 24, 2012

As Time Goes By

I saw something this morning that I didn't want to see. One of my son's kindergarten classmates was actually driving a car! Now before you panic and call the police, my son is 15. But seeing that sight hurt a little. It is just lately that I have been seeing him as a young man and not the baby we held in our arms just a few short years ago.

I love the song in the musical Fiddler on the Roof that they sing when their oldest daughter is getting married. It says, "Is this the little girl I carried? Is this the little boy at play? I don't remember growing older. When did they?"

All around us there are signs that time is passing. As I grow older I get more aware of the fact that each moment in life is a gift. This motivates me not to waste a moment of it. I read a quote the other day that said, "Life is often squandered in ten minute increments." We cannot let that happen.

Let's not waste a moment. It is going by too quickly.

No comments: