Friday, May 25, 2012

Solomon Had it Going On!

10 When the queen of Sheba heard of Solomon’s fame, which brought honor to the name of the Lord, she came to test him with hard questions. 1 Kings 10:1

Solomon was a famous man to say the least. His fame had spread throughout the world. I see two things in this passage that resulted from his fame:

1. The Lord was exalted.
2. The World was attracted.

Solomon brought honor and exaltation to the Lord while at the same time attracting the attention of none other than the Queen of Sheba. We can exalt the Lord and attract the world at the same time! These two things are not exclusive of the other.

As Solomon glorified God with his wisdom and leadership, the Queen was drawn to come in and ask him questions. I believe that when we live correctly and worship correctly that people will come to us to ask questions.

1 Peter 3:5 says,

"And if someone asks about your Christian hope, always be ready to explain it. "

This tells me that people should be asking because they see the hope of God in my life!

Lord, help me to worship You in the right way. I believe that this will attract many to Your Kingdom!

No comments: