Saturday, December 31, 2011

Favorite Books of 2011

My friends know that I devour books. I love to read. It refreshes me and stretches me. Leaders who don't read are puzzling to me. At any rate I read about a book a week on average. Here are my favorites from 2011. These are just the top ten. (And they aren't in order, I don't have time to think that hard today.)

1. Radical by David Platt
2. Walt Disney: The Triumph of the American Imagination by Neil Gabler
3. Bonhoeffer: Pastor, Prophet, Martyr, Spy by Eric Metaxas
4. Confessions of a Pastor by Craig Groeschel
5. To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
6. Onward by Howard Schultz
7. Steve Jobs by Walter Isaacson
8. Man on a Wire by Phillipe Petit
9. Primal by Mark Batterson
10. Killing Lincoln by Bill O'Reilly

Now if you are feeling really super spiritual today, yes the Bible is at the top of my list every year. I use the plan at www.lifejournal.cc to read the OT once and the NT twice each year. You journal along with it for a great time of spiritual growth. That has been my greatest spiritual adventure in reading this year.

I hope this helps you plan your reading for 2012.


1 comment:

TRSINGER said...

Too bad most of them reside in your Kindle. I want to read the Steve Jobs book.