Thursday, October 6, 2011

The Right View of Salvation

There are two ways of thinking about our salvation. These ways can be seen in all the major religions of the world.

1. Your salvation comes through doing good things. If you do enough good things for a long enough period of time, God will see this and grant you salvation.

2. Your salvation comes totally from God. You cannot earn it or get it by yourself.

Which of these is true according to the Bible? Let’s examine the classic verse on salvation.

Ephesians 2:8-10
8 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, 9 not of works, lest anyone should boast.
10 For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them.


1. Grace- Salvation comes from God, not me, not my works. Grace is the source of my salvation.

2. Faith-Salvation comes into my life, as I trust God completely with my salvation. Faith is the means of my salvation.

3. Works- Good works come out of that salvation. Works are the fruit of my salvation.

No comments: