Monday, September 19, 2011

Organizing Bones

The prophet Ezekiel (Chapter 37) was taken into a valley that was filled with piles of dry bones. What a scene this must have been!

It gets stranger! God tells Ezekiel to speak to these bones and tell them that He is going to put life back into them.

I can imagine what I might have done in Ezekiel's shoes.

I woud lead this project in this way:

"Ok, the first thing we have to do is to get all these bones together. You go find all the femurs. You go collect all the skulls. Let's get organized! After we get all the bones organized we can start putting them back together."

But here was God's plan:

5 This is what the Sovereign Lord says: Look! I am going to put breath into you and make you live again! 6 I will put flesh and muscles on you and cover you with skin. I will put breath into you, and you will come to life. Then you will know that I am the Lord.’” Ezekiel 37:5-6

Two things I learn from this passage:

1. God's blessing follows God's order. He puts bones into place, puts muscle and flesh on them, then gives them life.

2. Without the presence of God on my work, I am only organizing bones! The life comes from Him!

God help us all not to waste our lives organizing the bones and still not having the life of God within us!

No comments: